Monday, April 8, 2013

A Good Start to a New Week!

I made my first trip to the NICU alone today. It was really nice to have my mom around over the last couple of weeks to settle in and get back into the swing of things. I am moving around easily and my body is healing very nicely from the c-section. This afternoon, Leo and I bonded as we had some one-on-one time during kangaroo care. It's really neat to see how calm he gets when he is put on my chest. His heart rate lessens and he needs less oxygen. The doctor also came in while I was there and Leo's chest x-ray he got last night was okay. Nothing got worse, but there still remains some fluid in his lungs. But when the nurses and doctor listen to them they sound good. He'll get another x-ray in a couple of weeks. He's still doing a good job digesting his food, so they will add some protein fortifier to his feedings starting tonight. This will help him bulk up a bit! :) After Dave was done with work, we went back to visit Leo. Dave got to hold him and we helped with his cares. At the end of the night he was tucked in real tight in his favorite position, on his belly!



1 comment: